Driveway paving patterns
Veda Dante, May 2017
One way to improve your home's curb appeal – and its property value – is to upgrade your driveway. While it's easy to overlook something we see as purely functional, the driveway can also be a striking design feature that not only ties in different elements (garage, front door, landscaping) but complements the exterior of your home. “The driveway has an incredibly large footprint at the front of your home so it is important to get it right in order to make a strong impression and add value to the home,” explains Jason Hodges, landscaping expert and Adbri Masonry brand ambassador. Before you order in the pavers – or any other material for that matter – first ask yourself these questions:
- Does the driveway lead to the house in a straight line, or is it curved?
- Is the gradient flat or does it slope downwards or upwards?
- Is your driveway prone to flooding during wet weather?
- What is the distance between the street and the front door, or garage?
- Will you require an excavator to dig through rock?
- How much digging will be required to accommodate the new surface and sub-base?
- Will the new paving material handle particularly heavy loads?